• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Repair Kit Extension

@Ruslan Kosolapov
One QUESTION: could you be so kind and rename it?
After all, the name "Repair Kit" does sound terribly confusing when being aware of the plesk repair (CLI) utility.

The first version of the extension consists of two modules: Diagnose & Repair (is absent in the trailer) and Process List.
Diagnose & Repair provides UI for "plesk repair" utility, Process List provides UI and some BL (the link between Plesk domain and the process) for "ps uax" utility. We decided to mix several tools in the single extension, and the goal of such tools is to help you make your server work. Later, we plan to add more modules (server logs, innotop and so on).

That's why the name is Repair Kit. Maybe, it was better to name it Swiss Knife or so, I don't sure :)

@Ruslan Kosolapov

Ah! That clarifies the choices made.......... and in hindsight, the name is not a bad choice, not at all.

I am looking forward to the extension!

Regards.......

PS Swiss Knife is a terrible name ;)

Nice, thank you very much! I gave it a try on a test server and it looks nice!
I may have found a bug however: I clicked on "Check all" and after the checks have completed I got this message:

Repairkit-error.png

So "0 issues detected" but still a warning.

In the repair-log file the only entry is:
Code:
[2018-11-13 10:02:26] Error messages: 18; Warnings: 4; Errors resolved: 0

When I run plesk repair fs -v -n in the shell then I have some warnings about incorrect permissions but those are not displayed on the Repair Kit Extension.

Cool! Really helpful!

Some feedback:

plesk.png
  1. In Dutch there is a typo in the word 'mailserver'.
  2. When errors are shown for the different sections, for example the SQL, please show the corresponding domain. It is showing a database but I don't know which domain to go to create a backup before trying to repair it.
  3. Please explain what the repair will be so I can make an educated guess if it will break anything.
  4. Explain somewhere if I should create a backup first of my entire server or if there is a roll back method.
Great work!
Cheers

Nice, thank you very much! I gave it a try on a test server and it looks nice!
I may have found a bug however: I clicked on "Check all" and after the checks have completed I got this message:

So "0 issues detected" but still a warning.

In the repair-log file the only entry is:
Code:
[2018-11-13 10:02:26] Error messages: 18; Warnings: 4; Errors resolved: 0

When I run plesk repair fs -v -n in the shell then I have some warnings about incorrect permissions but those are not displayed on the Repair Kit Extension.

Thanks! Could you provide me with exact text of the warnings? To fix the issue we should repeat it :) You can use private message if there are sensitive data.

Cool! Really helpful!

Some feedback:
  1. In Dutch there is a typo in the word 'mailserver'.
  2. When errors are shown for the different sections, for example the SQL, please show the corresponding domain. It is showing a database but I don't know which domain to go to create a backup before trying to repair it.
  3. Please explain what the repair will be so I can make an educated guess if it will break anything.
  4. Explain somewhere if I should create a backup first of my entire server or if there is a roll back method.
Great work!
Cheers

Nice ideas, thanks!

It is great how the new Repair Kit Extension can show which domain is using CPU and Memory, but what I really need is to see who is using high Bandwidth bursts.

Is there any chance this can be added to Repair Kit in a future update?

Back