• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Repair Kit Extension

Cool! Really helpful!

Some feedback:

View attachment 15009
When errors are shown for the different sections, for example the SQL, please show the corresponding domain. It is showing a database but I don't know which domain to go to create a backup before trying to repair it.

Spoiler:
Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 11.27.33.png

And a technical detail about this: Repair Kit doesn't form these messages, it receives the messages from plesk repair CLI utilities. Thats why we can't, for example, provide here a link to the subscription - Repair Kit extension has no idea what the error message states. Also, to get this little improvement you need Plesk 17.9.

Hi.

We’ve released Repair Kit 1.1.0: Repair Kit - Plesk Extensions

The main features of the release are Disk I/O and improved filters in the Process List module.

Changes:
1.1.0 (19 February 2019)
  • [+] The extension now collects disk I/O data and shows it on the process list.
  • [+] Added the "Exclude root"/"Exclude SYSTEM" filter on the process list, which hides system's power user processes.
  • Improved the extension's interface by fixing a number of UI/UX issues.
  • [-] Added the notification shown if Repair Kit could not fix all detected issues and they must be fixed manually. (EXTPLESK-584)
  • [-] If "Auto-update of resource usage" is turned on, the selected page is now kept after the process list was refreshed. (EXTPLESK-668)

Hi.

We’ve released Repair Kit 1.2 (Repair Kit - Plesk Extensions)

There is a new feature: MySQL Process List. This is Beta version of the feature (the whole extension is stable, but this particular feature is beta) – we decided to release it earlier to get feedback as soon as possible, so, there can be issues (especially with old MySQL versions or with MySQL-compatible software like Percona Server and so on). For now, the feature is free.

Also, there are UX improvements.

I just installed and ran the check of the repair kit extension and it shows something like this
There are incorrect permissions on some items: /etc
There is incorrect ownership on some items in the WWW root directory of the domain

What is this?
I want to know exactly what files are affected and how they would be corrected.
Automatic repairs without showing what would be done may break some functionality.
If a check tells me about "some items" that makes me frown.
The check needs to know what is affected and how and I want to know it too before I run some obscure repair function.

Back