• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Repair Plesk Obsidian after Lightsail Instance reboot and Static IP assignment

J Robinson

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm trying to help a client who setup Plesk on Lightsail for a single website and, initially, did not have a Static IP assigned.
A wordpress site was built and went into production but hit problems with sending email.

Whilst trying to resolve this the customer has since assigned a static IP to the Lightsail instance and at some point rebooted.

This means that the instance has had at least three Public IP's PublicA (initial), PublicB (after reboot) and now PublicC (StaticIP)

They have updated the NS records for the domain to point to PublicC (StaticIP) and allowed propagation to complete and rebooted the Plesk server on Lightsail which has picked up the change of Public IP Address and now displays the PublicC (Static IP) IP address alongside the Internal network address (172.x.x.x/24) allocated by Lightsail to the instance.

The problem appears to be that the DNS server on Plesk does not appear to be responding to any nslookup requests for the domain and typing the domain into a browser results in a 'server IP address could not be found' message.

Please could someone direct me to a KB article to help resolve this issue or talk me through how to get the DNS server working and therefore the site back online.

Many thanks in anticipation.

J Robinson

Hi,
I'm trying to help a client who setup Plesk on Lightsail for a single website and, initially, did not have a Static IP assigned.
A wordpress site was built and went into production but hit problems with sending email.

Whilst trying to resolve this the customer has since assigned a static IP to the Lightsail instance and at some point rebooted.

This means that the instance has had at least three Public IP's PublicA (initial), PublicB (after reboot) and now PublicC (StaticIP)

They have updated the NS records for the domain to point to PublicC (StaticIP) and allowed propagation to complete and rebooted the Plesk server on Lightsail which has picked up the change of Public IP Address and now displays the PublicC (Static IP) IP address alongside the Internal network address (172.x.x.x/24) allocated by Lightsail to the instance.

The problem appears to be that the DNS server on Plesk does not appear to be responding to any nslookup requests for the domain and typing the domain into a browser results in a 'server IP address could not be found' message.

Please could someone direct me to a KB article to help resolve this issue or talk me through how to get the DNS server working and therefore the site back online.

Many thanks in anticipation.

J Robinson
Did you ever get this resolved? What was the solution?

Back