• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Replacing SSL Certificates

ssl replacement

• ssl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • replacing ssl cert

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Simonis

New Pleskian
I want an existing SSL certificate on a Windows V-Server replaced by a higher and different SSL. I removed the existing ssl certs via Plesk, installed the new ssl cert. It appears that the old ssl is still active and I have no idea what else is to be changed to activate the new ssl. The server has been rebooted without any effect of changing ssl.
Does someone has an idea what needs to be done replacing ssl cert?

Are you trying to replace the SSL cert for a website or trying to install the SSL cert for the plesk control panel?

OK, still doesn't tell me if you're trying to replace it for a website domain or the cert used for the control panel itself so I can better direct you to where to update it.

If you're trying to replace it for a website domain, go to the Hosting Settings pages for said domain and under Certificate choose the new domain from the drop down.
If you're trying to replace it for the control panel then go to Tools and Settings, click on SSL Certificates, put a check mark next to the cert you want to use for plesk and click on "secure plesk"

OK, still doesn't tell me if you're trying to replace it for a website domain or the cert used for the control panel itself so I can better direct you to where to update it.

If you're trying to replace it for a website domain, go to the Hosting Settings pages for said domain and under Certificate choose the new domain from the drop down.
If you're trying to replace it for the control panel then go to Tools and Settings, click on SSL Certificates, put a check mark next to the cert you want to use for plesk and click on "secure plesk"

I want to replace the certificate for w website. Deleting the existing ssl using Plesk had no effect. Under the menu SSL Certs, removing the ssl performed. SSL disappeared from the list. Adding the new cert appeared successful. But, when checking ssl using e.g. ssl check from sslshopper, it still shows the old cert. The browser also still shows the old cert.
So, removing the ssl with Plesk does not work, there must be another way or place where to remove the cert. Eventually on the server directly. The server is a virtual Windows Server latest edition.

Back