• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reporting bugs

Hello LarsenD,

Let me clarify the confusion here. There is still a possibility to report a product issue without creating a ticket, please use this link: http://odin.com/support/plesk/bugreport/
I believe this is the form you referred to as the previous behavior.

What's the difference between submitting a bug through the ticket form where you have to purchase a case or use an incident from the support contract you ask? The difference here is:
1. There is a constant communication when you submit a ticket: you're provided with status update (whether the product issue is confirmed or not, whether it's a bug indeed or just some sort of misconfig on particular installation etc).
2. The issue is fixed or w/a is provided when you submit a ticket - if that's possible.
3. Note that even if you submit a ticket and report a product issue there which gets confirmed - you're refunded later.

Still it's your call which option to use. My apologies for confusion as well. And we thank you in advance for helping is to improve the product quality!
Feel free to ask if there are questions.

Kate.

I personally think that this is a good idea, to charge for bug - reports and refund them only, if this are real bugs and not only hidden support requests... but this is just MY opinion! :)

I personally think that this is a good idea, to charge for bug - reports and refund them only, if this are real bugs and not only hidden support requests... but this is just MY opinion! :)

It makes sense because - in our practice - the issue reported as a product bug is not the one post investigations. That's why we charge for ticket first :) Still one can report a "free" bug if you will - but we do not guaranty further communication in this case, and of course the issue won't be checked on particular customer's server. Anyway, that's the option and we like to give our customers a choice!

Hi Kate,
thanks for the new link. That indeed is the form I was referring to. I don´t have the old URL, but perhaps the webmaster team remembers and might put a redirection to the new URL.

Hello,

the above link is not working anymore. Are there free alternatives to report product bugs?

Thanks!

RPD

... untill further updates on "how to submit a bugreport", I would like to point out the following link => Plesk Help Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Back