• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Reproducible error

SuperDave

New Pleskian
Complete NOOB here.
I have Plesk running on Debian 11.6 with ProxMox 7.3-6.
AMD 5800x cpu. 32 gigs with 450g SSD.

The Plesk server appears to lockup. I was deleting a domain. the server process sits at 0% till ad nauseam.
While sitting there, I decided to attempt to add another domain. on this function, the process locks up at "Creating physical hosting".

The first time this happened with about 110 domains, I decided to hit the reset button within the plesk tools.
The system never came back online. So I did a physical reboot at the server.
Once again, the system never came back online.

So I formatted the server and started again.
Same software same default settings during install.

On the second run, I go to about 66 domains and now the POS, is doing the same thing.
Any suggestions? Does plesk only support around 50 domains these days?
My other server running Core-i7, with 128g SSD for the last 5 years has 352 domains with no such glitches...
What has changed in the server world?

Attachments

• Captur2.PNG
    Captur2.PNG
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Capturz.PNG
    Capturz.PNG
    290 KB · Views: 7
The Plesk server appears to lockup. I was deleting a domain. the server process sits at 0% till ad nauseam.
While sitting there, I decided to attempt to add another domain. on this function, the process locks up at "Creating physical hosting".
A new domain cannot be created, because the previous process of removing a domain has not been completed. The second waits on the first to complete. To tackle the issue, you'll need to find out why a domain cannot be deleted. I recommend enabling Plesk debug mode, then repeat the "delete domain" action, then disable debug mode, then analyze the log output of panel.log where the system hangs.

The first time this happened with about 110 domains, I decided to hit the reset button within the plesk tools.
The system never came back online. So I did a physical reboot at the server.
Once again, the system never came back online.
What do you mean by "system"? If the server did not boot, there is an issue with either grub or services of the operating system.

On the second run, I go to about 66 domains and now the POS, is doing the same thing.
Any suggestions? Does plesk only support around 50 domains these days?
Several thousand domains can be hosted on a Plesk Web Host license if your system has enough disk space and RAM.

Any how, I setup another VM in proxmox, re-installed PLESK. As there are no options to make mods during install - like magic buttoin "WORK" this PLESK install has fizzled out at 61 domains. This Plesk install has 160GB and 12gig Ram. Is there someone who genuinely cares and I can "pay" at PLESK to fix my issues? As you can tell I am getting very upset with the malfesence of this plesk install. I do not understand the issues. Also I am a super noob so any true physical help would be greatly appreciated, I will PAY someone at plesk to assist.

Back