• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Reseller CentOS Server 1&1

Hizmarck

New Pleskian
Currently install plesk on a 1 & 1 server:

SO: CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)
Product: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update # 38, last update at 31 / Oct / 2017 03:30

Likewise I have a fixed IP, what I want is to configure this plesk as a reseller, I managed to configure my ip with a domain that I bought, but I would like to have many domains for the same IP, I think this is possible and I have never done it , I read a little of the plesk documentation and it says that I have to configure my dns with my domain provider but it does not work, do I have to install a dns server on my own? I do not know these issues, if someone can guide me to read or where to investigate, I would like a guide to give me the answer, as you can see I do not know about configurations about DNS.

Greetings and many thanks.

Only for understanding, you want to share your static ip-adress with all domains that belongs to this spezific reseller?

Yes, we currently have an IP and we want to have A.com, B.com and C.com which are 3 projects of our company, I have to install a DNS server? I'm a little disoriented in this aspect.

Thanks, I appreciate your support.

When you want to give - Domain A -> IP-Adress A, Domain B -> IP-adress B, Domain C -> IP-Adress C,

Step 1:
Go to Tools & Settings, IP-adresses and add the IP-adresses to list. Note the prefix /32, /64, /128.

Step 2:
Create 3 different subscriptions, one for each domain.

Step 3:
Go to Home > Domains > example.com > Websites & Domains tab > Web Hosting Access and choose from the drop-down list of all available IP addresses on a server.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

No, in fact, Domain A -> IP-Adress A, Domain B -> IP-adress A, Domain C -> IP-Adress A. I appreciate your support very much, I managed to point a domain to my IP, but I would like to point another domain to the same IP.

Okey thats no problem.

Add the specific IP under Tools & Settings > IP-Adresses - Note the prefix /32, /64, /128.

After that create a subscription in that subscription create the domains.

Go to Domains > example.com > Websites & Domains tab > Web Hosting Access and choose from the drop-down list of all available IP addresses on a server.

That should work, if you need any assistance or another option, let me know.

Best regards.

I have created two spaces named www.midominioA.com and www.mydomainB.com, if I put my IP in the browser 104.XXX shows only the contents of my name space mydomainA.com, the point is that these domains buy them in domain google, there I have to configure the dns that plesk gives me? there I have a doubt, plesk by default shows me ns2.midominioA.com and when pinging ns2.midominioA.com the server does not respond, then, that server dns does not exist or I need to configure it?

You confgure your DNS-Settings, where you have your Domains baught.

For Example:

You have in plesk 2 subscriptions with 2 IP-Adresses. -> So you need to configure your domains that they pointing at the specific ips.(NOT IN PLESK)

My point is if I could have a single IP and configure my two domains only to that IP? That's my question, or do I always have to have one IP per site?

Thank you very much for your support.

Basicly your server has a main IP.

My recommendation for your situation would be, you use the main ip of the server for all websites where it's not necessary to have a sipperate ip-adress.
With it you add the second ip to pelsk Tools & Settings and only use the ip for this 2 sites.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Well, I think it would not be a problem to have an ip for each website, so what I saw was that when I created an email in plesk, this email is not valid, I guess I'm omitting some configuration?

Back