• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resellers, any way to customize server notifications emails?

D

DavidT

Hello,

I have now my first reseller and he is concerned by emails sent from the server, notifications emails. They have the full URL of my server name. The reseller would like those emails or any other emails to be branded so it hides my server identity. How do I do this?

David

you need to check the check box for "hiding url" in the PCC/RCC section for the store and email section. Doubled check the documentation under reseller installation

What is PCC/RCC section? I can't find anything like that or I'm not looking in the right place.

David

I still can't seem to find the referenced section on "hiding url". Can someone point me to the correct place in the documentation?

Seems no one knows how to do it or it is not possible. The link posted in a previous reply didn't seem to help me or I couldn't find where the information was listed in there. Anyone have anything they can tell me to help me solve my problem?

For example you can find text of notifications with something like:

mysql> select subj,note_id from Notifications where subj like '%seller%';
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+
| subj | note_id |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+
| Notification of the reseller creation. | 13 |
| Notification: Reseller account expired. | 14 |
| Notification: Reseller account is about to expire. | 15 |
| Notification: Resource limits exceeded by reseller account. | 16 |
| Notification: Reseller account has exceeded its limits and was suspended. | 20 |
| Notification: Resources overuse blocked for reseller account. | 22 |
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from Notes where id in (13,14,15,16,20,22);

And you can edit in in 'Notes' table as you want.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for jumping in here. But you don't exactly understand the problem. The problem is that the reseller's customers are getting these email notices as if they were coming from MY company (my email return address, etc). In other words they look like they are coming from me instead of him. So I am wondering how we can fix it so the emails sent to HIS customers have HIS company email address and name as the FROM information. It seems that this would be a basic setting somewhere in the control panel. But I can't find it.

David

Ok. Try to check settings here Home -> Server -> Mass E-mail Messages

Hi Igor,

Thanks again for trying to answer. The suggestion you gave me is for sending out mass emails to accounts in my Plesk panel. However I am actually referring to system emails sent out by the Plesk panel to notify customers of exceeding their quotas, etc. Here is an example email that a customer might receive:

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'mmanthony.com' owned by client 'markanthony' (Contact name 'Mark Anthony'):
Disk space usage: 351.27 MB
Disk space limit: 300.00 MB
Traffic: 115.34 MB/month
Traffic limit: 1 024.00 MB/month

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'anthonyproductions.com' owned by client 'markanthony' (Contact name 'Mark Anthony'):
Disk space usage: 836.53 MB
Disk space limit: 300.00 MB
Traffic: 146.22 MB/month
Traffic limit: 1 024.00 MB/month

These emails have as the FROM/SENDER my company name and my domain. The reseller wants to hide that information and instead have the emails come from HIS COMPANY and HIS DOMAIN. Right now his clients are confused because the emails are referencing a company they are not familiar with (namely my company) when they are doing business with him.

An earlier reply to this thread stated the following:

You need to check the check box for "hiding url" in the PCC/RCC section for the store and email section. Double check the documentation under reseller installation.

I was unable to identify what this suggestion was referring to or find anything like this in my control panel.

David

Seems mention about "hiding url" is not Plesk related because PCC/RCC is PBAS term but not Plesk.

Also two years later in 2023 nothing has changed. The whole reseller management is neglected. The needed branding or special settings are missing in so many areas. The only work-around is to put only one reseller per server and then using the admin account to make the branding for the reseller. Multi resellers per server cannot be setup without having serious discussions with your clients asking why suddenly the wrong branding pops up. :(

Back