• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reset PSA Admin Password?

uniacid

Basic Pleskian
How can I reset the psa admin password?

I'm trying to connect so that I can edit something in the main plesk database (not client) and I haven't been able to login with any passwords that I know of, maybe because I did a restore from a previous plesk that might of had a different admin password.

Its the PSA Database account running on port 8306, not 3306.

That doesn't work, that is for the client database, I'm looking to change the Admin database login, not client. And I tried to use the true setting, it doesn't change anything.

Sir, this is for Admin database.
Please try to run again plesksrvclient.exe -set "blablabla" and next try to login as admin/blablabla.

Obviously you can't read, I tried this already and it didn't change ANYTHING.

Originally posted by uniacid
That doesn't work, that is for the client database, I'm looking to change the Admin database login, not client. And I tried to use the true setting, it doesn't change anything.

I'm assuming the login is "admin" for the psa admin, as thats is what I've seen everywhere else, is that correct?

I already tried running the plesksrvclient and changing the pw with the "true" setting but it hasn't changed it.

Originally posted by uniacid
Obviously you can't read, I tried this already and it didn't change ANYTHING.
Excuse me, sir. I meant that it is neccessary to run plesksrvclient.exe -set <new password> without option true.
Did you run tool with option true or without one?
If no then did the errors appear or nothing?

I tried it both ways and didn't have any errors displayed so I'm not sure what it's doing or if it's having errors.

If anyone knows another way around this, I mainly just want to edit some mysql tables because plesk is reporting the name servers of one of my domains as the hostname which is shouldn't since the main hostname is different.

So when I try to add a NS to this one site specificaly, instead of ns1.domain.com it would be ns1.hostname.com, I checked the dns files and this info wasn't in there so my only guess is inside the plesk db.

Back