• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Resize apache memory

nageoconcept

New Pleskian
Bonjour,

j'ai fait un upgrade de mon serveur, de 2go a 4Go de ram mais la mémoire qu'utilise apache est encore a 2Go.
Pouvez-vous me dire ou je peux modifier cette valeur ?

MErci

hi,

I've made an upgrade of my server from 2Go to 4 Go of memory but the Apache's use is allways with 2Go.

Do you know how can I change that ?

Thx a lot

The amount of RAM that Apache uses does not need to be set explicitely. Apache uses as much RAM as it needs for all the modules that it starts and all the intances (children) that is has. If it "only" occupies 2 GB, it only occupies 2 GB. Why should it occupy more RAM if it has nothing to store in it?

You are probably perfectly good the way your configuration is set. Free RAM is great to have for all the extras, e.g. for PHP scripts that require much RAM for some operations or MySQL operations that will use RAM for JOINs to avoid temporary tables on disk.

Hi and Thx for your answer, I'm speaking about the maximum it can take
see below on another server :
Screenshot_07_12_17_20_12_49.png

On the other server :
Screenshot_07_12_17_20_20_26.png

O.k., got it. The reason for this is that you upgraded the RAM of your system AFTER your installed and started Plesk system health monitor. In this case health monitor does NOT update the base value. It still thinks that the system has 2 GB of RAM. Please go to Server Management > Health Monitoring and click "Detect Hardware Changes". Afterwards the value should be correct. There is no issue with your Apache web server, it is only a display issue of Health Monitor.

Back