• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[RESOLVED] Missing file

SörenP

New Pleskian
Hi there,

i have a wordpress theme that's saves changes in a file named config.json.
It's working fine but via FTP i don't see that file. If i use putty and log in with root, i don't see the file too. Is it possible, that the file owner is apache oder ngnix and no other users can see this file - even root?

Hi SörenP,

It's working fine but via FTP i don't see that file. If i use putty and log in with root, i don't see the file too. Is it possible, that the file owner is apache oder ngnix and no other users can see this file - even root?

No, this is impossible. The user "root" is able to see all files on a server, if you didn't modify the user - rights. on your own.

Are you probably searching at the wrong places? Did you use "locate" or "find" - commands, in order to be sure, that the file wasn't created and saved in a total different folder?

Thanks for your answer, it searched with the midnight commander on the whole server. Can't find the file. I haven't modify my user rights. Hmm...

Greetings also from Hamburg

Back