• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resource sharing: client vs domain

S

Spazholio@

Is it possible to set up a limit for a given client, and then just set the domain levels to some sort of "unspecified" amount?

For instance, let's say I have a customer who has 4 domains. One is hugely popular, so that needs a lot of space, say 80% of the space allocated for the client account. The other 3 domains aren't anything near as demanding, so they get 10%, 5% and 5%. Is there any way that these limits can be "unlimited" within the client's allotted space? I'd rather not have to have them (or myself) set each domain for the levels they need, then tweak as they need. Just "Bam, here's how much you as a client get, your domains can be use any size/traffic/whatever as long as the combined amount stays below the client threshold."

I really, REALLY hope I'm conveying what I'm trying to do. If it's possible, can someone please tell me how? If not, is it on the roadmap for implementation later?

Hello,

As far as I know its not possible and it may never be implemented.
That would disturb the order on a plesk server seriously.

What you could do is to give the client unlimited resources (whatever they need - disk-space, bandwith etc) then give the domain unlimited resources . Fix down the resources for the other 2 domains and do not let the client to be able to modify resources of the domains from its permission section.

An other solution is to use event manager (just came up with the idea - so I cannot give you concrete implementation):

You need the event : disk space for the domain reached
Your command line something like : /usr/local/script <old_maximum_disk_space>

and in the script you would make use of :

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh --help

this way every time the domain hist its limits you may raise the limit with x amount of space.

Back