• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resourse Usage Ridiculously Incorrect

M

mikelegg

Resource Usage Ridiculously Incorrect

I have a couple of domains which use around 400Mb of disk space.

Each day Plesk sends me an alert telling me that they've exceed their resources - when they haven't - and every day Plesk seems to re-add the real resource usage to it's fictitious total, so now it's telling me that these domains are up to 3Gb of disk space.

The devastating part is that because one of these accounts didn't have overselling enabled Plesk disabled it on the basis of it's false disk space calculations.

Does anyone know how to stop Plesk from doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's interesting is that Plesk's "File Manager" reports the correct disk usage, but the "Resource Usage" tool reports the wacky results.

I have been trying to figure that out for some time now. One theory was that it's adding up the disk usage of all files on the disk that are owned by the user associated with the domain. I tried various commands to verify that, but it still doesn't add up correctly for me.

Anyone have a solution to this? I would like to set the usage at 150MB (for example) and have it actually complain only when actual web file usage (or web and email) gets over that limit.

We managed to fix the problem by adjusting Plesk's disk calculation. It was adding in backup disk space to each accounts total.

Back