• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question REST API availability

Lutuh

New Pleskian
Hey folks,

I just discovered that there is a new, meanwhile basic, RESTful API for Plesk! Yeah! About REST API

Checking https://myhost.name:8443/api/v2/swagger.yml running Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #43, I get a 404. Running some requests against an actual API endpoint returns 404 as well.

I can generate an API key per "plesk bin secret_key -c -ip-address 10.58.108.104", though.

So I just want to ask if the new REST API needs to be enabled in panel.ini or if I'm missing something else here.

Hmm, well can't say I've messed with it but hitting that URL on my 17.8 box actually downloads the file....

I've only used the XML API...

About XML API

What was it you were looking to accomplish?

So this REST API, I am currently testing it but it seems pretty limited and not very well documented opposed to the XML api. For instance, when creating a subdomain, we're not able to set the root folder name. It just creates a directory site1/, site2/ et cetera.. Anyone can help there?

Is there any more documentation on which values you can Post?

Back