• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restore 12.5 Backup to Onyx Failed

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
Just set up new onyx server and copied backup from 12.5. On restore to different server I am getting

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update youdopet.com -guid 19942709-f3a7-44a2-96f7-9d77fabf8d2a -creation-date 2016-03-16 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -www-root httpdocs -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during domain update: Command options error: "-ip" option is required for "-hosting" option

I am choosing all objects to restore whole site

Anyone got any idea what is going on ?

Thanks
Paul

I can only recommend creating a request to support team to do the in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at Plesk Help Center

Hi. When you restore a backup you receive the error:

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update hyitlab.top -guid fd50a36a-a511-44df-a91b-c87643ee54bd -creation-date 2017-05-21 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -www-root httpdocs -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during domain update: Command options error: "-ip" option is required for "-hosting" option

Why? Can you help.

No dont have solution I am going to try the migrator see if that works rather than restore backup. Will post back results. I am on ubuntu 14.04 lTS

I cant get this to work wasted a whole day. Can someone tell me where can I download plesk 12.5 iso I am going to revert to that.
Thanks

Tried contacting support got

We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.
In this case, you need to contact your license provider for support service.
Plesk Partners (Resellers) are fully trained by Plesk and deliver best-in-the-industry support for Plesk products running on their infrastructure.

Very annoyed.

Thanks for link UFHH01.
I already had that iso but downloaded again and the strange thing is that it installs onyx 17 not v12. Tried it twice with clean VM. This is a real mess all I am trying to do is move a site. Can someone confirm if I use migrator the old site remains in place ? as dont want to go live with new server just yet.
Paul

It seems it does not matter which iso you try and install from the plesk installer always installs the latest version 17.5 . I cant seem to find a way to stop it.
This is madness. 3 days and counting.

Have solved it with wery primitive solution. Restore partial "Website" and system dont show "Command options error: "-ip" option is required for "-hosting" option" and backup are ok.
You can restore data of domain and database separate and it works good too.

But this is not just problem of migrate from plesk 12.5 to Onyx.
I have set new domain and install for probe new appolication (joomla).
Have make backup and at restore is the same problem only separate restore works.

Last edited:
Thanks for heads up. We are also restoring Joomla site. Now the restored Onyx joomla site has permissions problems with database cant save any content. Have you seen this ?

Back