• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Restore backup from a crashed server

LinkHost

New Pleskian
Hi!

I've a windows server running plesk 12.x and the plesk installation just crashed. I'm not able to start it and I decided to restore my server from a backup. Plesk was configured to create daily backups and as I can see they are stored at default folder: pleskdir/backups.
My doubt is: If I move all files inside this folder to a new server, I will be able to restore it? As it isn't a beautiful ".zip" backup file, I'm not sure I will solve this problem just copying the folder and restoring it from plesk backup wizard.

Should be a better solution send the "backup" folder to an external server, reinstall the actual server with plesk and after it, unzip the backup folder and restore the hole server using plesk interface?

Unzip files from backup is not solution. There are many data from database, for example, scripts, etc. All these restoration steps and items are defined in backup xml files. Therefore only restoration backups as it is described in Plesk documentation is correct way.

Back