• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restore backup from plesk 12.5 on Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #12

HeRiNo

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I tryed to restore a backup from Plesk 12.5 to Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #12 But it did not work. Is that not possible to do? Its the same server.

Best Reagards, Herman.

Hello,

well, I did not even get it uploaded to the server. That gave me a page not found error..

Best Reagrds, Herman.

I am sorry, I do not understand what exactly you have been trying to do. Please be more specific. What steps have you taken, what did you expect to happen and what has actually happened?

Hello Peter,
Sorry I explane. I have a backup on my home computer. What I want to do is upload that backup to my server and then restore 1 website wich is damaged. But i goos wrong already when I start to upload. Aftr a litle while I get a webpage with the page not found error. I hope you understand it now.

Best regards, Herman.

I think this can have two reasons. Most likely: the temporary file path or partition of the system has been set to a path different from the default /tmp directory, but sw-cp-server expects the upload (the restore-upload) in the default /tmp path.

Run
# grep DUMP_TMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
to see the path that is configured in Plesk as the temporary dump directory.

Run
# grep -n -A5 'For backup download via' /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/plesk.inc
and check if the /tmp path listed in that result matches your current system's /tmp path. If the DUMP_TMP_D path does not match the output of this command, continue with https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-backup-from-backup-repository-page-not-found to get the solution of this issue.

Not so likely: maybe the file upload time window is too small for the upload or that the max_upload_size is too small for the filesize. In that case increase max_upload_size and max_runtime in the OS vendor's php.ini file.

Hello Peter,

just to be sure that I don't mess up stuff :).....outcome of the first i had to was this: /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp

For backup download via X-Accel-Redirect
location /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/ {
internal;
alias /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/;
}

So it has to become like the above?

Best regards, Herman.

O.k., I understand that the dump directory from /etc/psa/psa.conf and the one listed in /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/plesk.inc are identical. So we must investigate further.

What is the output of
# ll -d /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp
?

If a symbolic link: Must not be a symbolic link, investige further, why that location is a symbolic link. It should be an ordinary directory, else PHP won't follow the directory and lead to the 404 not found.

If not a symbolic link: Please look at /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and identify the error entry for the 404 not found page that you are getting. What is it saying?

So I can leave that block like this?
location /tmp/ {
internal;
alias /tmp/;
}

That outcome you asked for is:
/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp

I attached the log.

Best regards, Herman.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    627 bytes · Views: 1
In #7 you quoted the output with

For backup download via X-Accel-Redirect
internal;
}

Now you are saying it is
location /tmp/ {
internal;
alias /tmp/;
}

Which one is correct?

If the output is /tmp and that is not your dump file temporary directory, please follow https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-backup-from-backup-repository-page-not-found . You need to set this to the dump file temporary location, else sw-cp-server will not find the proper page.

This is how it was the first time i checked and I have not change anything yet. Sorry if I make it a bit complicated.

ocation /tmp/ {
internal;
alias /tmp/;
}

Regards, Herman.

I think you notice I am not really a wizzkid. But should that block become this?

internal;
}

Regards, Herman.

It is done and restarted sw-cp-server. But stil get the "page not found error" when I try to upload a backup from my pc to my server.

Regards, Herman.

Please look at /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and identify the error entry for the 404 not found page that you are getting. What is it saying?

Hello Peter,
thanks for your patience.

In attachements you will find the log you requested.

Regards, Herman.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    844 bytes · Views: 1
The root cause seems to be that your upload file is much larger than the maximum filesize that Nginx allows for upload.

In that case you need to change
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
Look whether it contains a "client_max_body_size" directive. Enter a value into it that is larger than the file that you want to upload. If it is missing, add it inside the "http" section.

For example:
Code:
http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    client_max_body_size 10G;

Restart Nginx service afterwards
# service nginx restart

Then retry upload.

Hello,
did what you said and did service nginx restart. Then again tryed to upload but still the "page not found error"
Then I tryed switching from IPv6 to IPv4 and again tryed to upload. But still error. from log the last attemt you see below.

2017/01/22 23:12:57 [error] 31511#0: *257 client intended to send too large body: 2448488472 bytes, client: xx.xxx.xx.xxx, server: , request: "POST /admin/backup/upload/ HTTP/1.1", host: "vmixxxxx.contabo.h$

Regards, Herman.

This does not appear correct to me. If you have set the client_max_body_size to a value larger 3 GB for instance, it is large enough for your upload (2.3 GB). How big is your file? Additional issues can work against this. In the OS vendor's php.ini file the max post size limit will be too small, then the runtime of a script may be too short and so on. The whole thing seems to be about the size of the file. If the file is too large, it may not be able to upload it to the server through GUI at all.

If you cannot find a way on how to enable very large file uploads to the server, take one of these different approaches:
a) Create an FTP space somewhere. It does not really matter where. Manually upload your .tar backup file into that FTP space. Then configure Plesk to use that FTP space as an external FTP storage space. You can can easily restore the backup from that newly created FTP storage space.
b) Upload the file to a suitable location on the server, then use the restore client program to restore the backup. For details see https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/c...s/pleskrestore-restoration-from-backup.73928/

Back