• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Backup made on 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows

Z

ZoranV

When you restore a server backup file made on 32-bit Windows server to 64-bit Windows server there are a lot of problems.
I've made a backup on 32-bit system. Plesk 9.5.3 Windows Standard 2008.

Restoring to Plesk 9.5.3 on Windows Starndard 2008 R2 - 64 bit.

Restoration was made without any error, according to Plesk .

But....

Because of location of C:\Program Files\ transferred to C:\Program Files (x86)

1. Webstats are not working

2. Scheduled tasks have restored tasks with "Program Files" instead "Program Files (x86)" and none of them are working

3. I can't install any application to any domain - Plesk is coming up with this error
"The web application requires the resources which are not currently available
The type of databases used on this server is not suitable for this application. "

Both MySQL and MSSQL are working !
Plesk is showing for MySQL "Database server version 0 " - NOT OK but it's working ?!?!?
For MSSQL is showing "Database server version 9.00.4053 " - OK - also working ?!

4. MSSQL Server can NOT be started after first restart like Network Service ?!?!
It also can NOT be started as LOCAL SERVICE ?!?!

[SOLVED] by starting it as LOCAL SYSTEM ?! and that is the only way MSSQL is working.

5. WebAdmin for MSSQL is showing error page - It can be fixed with
cd %plesk_bin%
websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-sqladmin
defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=sqladminmssql

But... when you restart windows, same error, so I have to apply above 3 commands on every restart
I've tried every single option on Plesk reconfigurator, same result every time.

6. ASP error HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

[SOLVED]
I had to add the following at the end of my disksecurity.xml

<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="C:\Windows\assembly" AceFlags="FilesOnly" AccessMask="Read" EntryFlags="0x0" />

Then run "%plesk_bin%\applysecurity" --apply

If you have solution for problem 1 and 3 it will be appreciated .

Thanks,

Zoran

I have forwarded it to developers. I will inform you with results of investigation as soon as I receive it.

Back