• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restore content after new setup

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hello dear Plesk Users

I'm currently having big trouble with my Website Restore in Plesk.

After researching for a solution i Need to consult you now

I had to reset the whole server and the whole Plesk surface yesterday, therefore i did a Backup and downloaded it on my Computer. Then i did the reset and now all is back on 0 again.

Now that my Websites aren't working i need to restore them. With the Plesk Interface it's not working. I start the upload and after a few seconds a page appears wich says page not available just like i would have entered an invalid URL.

So i tried to upload the file called:[backup_info_1705072300.xml.tar] to the directory /var/lib/psa/dumps

Then i started the command [plesk bin pleskrestore --restore backup_info_1705072300.xml.tar]
This message appeared afterwards in putty
Unable to find file './backup_info_1705072300.xml.tar'

Could you give me a step by step solution how i can do the upload, unzip, restore throug ftp and putty?

Greetings

Jonny

Hi jonny_alex,

using a Plesk command over the command line, you should always consider to use the system - user "root" and pls. make sure, that your PATH is correct and valid.

Code:
plesk bin pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_info_1705072300.xml.tar
... should work and should not produce any errors, when you uploaded the *.tar at "/var/lib/psa/dumps". ;)

Hey

I created the backup with the Plesk tool and downloaded it afterwards.

I uploaded it on the correct path and was logged in as root.

It's not clear to me why it doesn't wor.

My file ends.xml.tar IIs this a bad sign?

My customers are burning down my house because all websites are down

When i use your command line, the putty stops doing anything, no Progress visible it just stays all black with no reaction to whatever i put in

Hi jonny_alex,

pls. use the "--help" or/and "--man" string for additional informations about the Plesk CLI command, or pls. consider to read the official Plesk documentation at:

.. where you could notice, that you could use as well add the option strings "-verbose" or/and "-debug".
In addition, you could like the idea to inspect and investigate the corresponding log - file at "/var/log/plesk/PMM", to be able to see ( possible ) issues/errors/problems.

Back