• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restore database and change the name

StephM

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

Is it possible to change the name of the database in order to restore it without drop the production database ?

thanks

Thanks Kaspar,

but i can't rename the database, i need to change the name of the database when i restore it.

There is no function (to my knowledge) that does restore a database and renames it too. Those are two separate actions.

You could import the backup set to local backups (if not already present in local backups), then descend into the DUMP_D directory defined in psa.conf and get the database dump from there. You can import that dump file into any database you like.

Example: Assume that your local backups are stored in the default /var/lib/psa/dumps. You'd then descend into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/<user name>/domains/<domain name>/databases. There you will find a dump file for each database, e.g.
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 25 23:35 johndoe_wp_0meuk_1
Although this file is not ending on .sql, it's a normal SQL dump text file that can be imported into any database.

I need to restore the January 11 backup without overwriting the database that is in production.
It would be necessary to be able to restore a database by changing the name

Have you tried to download and unpack the .tar archive to a temporary directory and descend into the structure as described above to extract the database dump file? You could then import that dump into a different database.

Back