• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore from 7.5 Linux dump?

S

Soulhuntre

I have several Plesk systems under my administration, 3 Windows, one Linux, all 7.5. On the Linux system I have done this to do a backup...

(assume $fname containes a filename)

/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump --nostop --nostop-domain --noblock -f - | gzip > /root/psa_backup/$fname

I want to restore a SINGLE domain / client to a Windows box using the Plesk restore GUI tool under windows. However it tells me that this file is not valid.

• I have tried unpacking the file from the Gzip to no avail
  • I have re-named the file to .psa with no results

What steps are to b e taken to restore froma Linux backup to a Windows system? Or is this somehting that can only be done via the command line under Windows?

PSADumps from windows are just zip files, the archive files from PSAdumps on linux boxes are mime encoded files. AFAIK you can not restore from a linux dump to a windows machine.

Sieb is right. Unfortunately, Plesk for Windows cannot restore the backup files from Linux.

Originally posted by Pavluha
Sieb is right. Unfortunately, Plesk for Windows cannot restore the backup files from Linux.

How very, very silly * sigh *

So much about Plesk is good. And sometimes the stuff that isn't there looks so amateur.

Back