• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Restore Mail without overwrite full inbox

alvmv

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alma 9.2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Latest
Hello
My VPS provider messed up all my server.
After an unsuccessful recovery they are rolling back to 5 days ago.

In the mean time for sure, recovered and temporal working subscriptions have been working (mail, site...) . Sites are not relevant but yes mailing.

They are now rolling back and my question is if is there a way to selectively import mail because I have suscriptions that have been receiving mails during this days but I don't have restore the mails from the past so if I restore the current backup I'll have newer mails but no old.

In short way, I need to restore mails without overwriting, just merge.

Any file based backup/recovery procedure should "merge" the emails, as Plesk does use the MDIR format to store emails. (every email is a single file with an unique name)

Back