• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Problem

Ingo1

New Pleskian
Hello,

i have some Problems with restoring a Backup and hope you can help me.
Maybe this problems are only because my wrong expectations about how the backup function works.

I had to setup my vServer new, so i have Backups from my Server1 which is deleted.
I create a new Server2 and put the folder /var/lib/psa/dumps with all folders and files in the dump folder from the Server2.

Then i go to the Backupmanager, see all my Backups and try to restore, without 100% success.

Code:
WARNING:  ()  The component AntiVirus is not installed. It will be disabled for the following objects: domainname.de

WARNING:  (domain object 'domainname.de')  Failed deployment of mail user [email protected]

WARNING:  ()  Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --create [email protected] -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -mailbox true -mbox_quota -1 -forwarding false -description '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.

WARNING:  (domain object 'domainname.de')  Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update domainname.de -guid 01347825-afaf-47fc-bdd7-ca4ca97f09a2 -creation-date 2014-06-05 -description '' -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 11.123.11.11 -www-root httpdocs/drupal -login benutzer1 -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.

WARNING:  (domain object 'domainname.de')  Failed deployment of user xyz for any database(domain domainname.de)

WARNING:  ()  Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --create-dbuser xyz -server localhost:3306 -domain domainname.de -set-acl % -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.

I Hope you can help me und save much time for spending in manually restore

Hello Ingo1,

every server backup have an encyption with a server unique symetrical key. Your server no. 2 will fail decryption of your backups from server no. 1, if you use this way and not the way over the integrated backup tool.

Please read these two KB - articles:

How to restore a Plesk installation on the new server after a disaster ( KB - article 112 699 )

Plesk Server Backup Script ( KB - article 113 252 )

If you still experience issues/problems after the suggestions and tips, Parallels offers a free Migration Support at: http://odin.com/products/plesk/free-migration-support/

Back