• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoring 8.x to 10.x pre10-backup-convert

P

Paul Furmedge

I'm trying to restore backups created with pleskbackup Plesk 8.6 to Plesk 10.1.1 (Linux)
I am able to run the pre9-backup-convert to convert to 9.x format but cannot workout how to convert from 9.x to 10.x.
The pre10-backup-convert command line options in http://kb.odin.com/en/9578 are incorrect!

pre9-backup-convert created a number of clients in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients
Each client has a file converted_client_name_info_1102161216.xml and domains directory and under each domain there is a converted_Domain_Name_info_1102161216.xml and databases, mailnames and phosting directories.

How do I convert to 10?

Thanks
Paul

Same issue, fail to restore from 8.x to 10.x pre10-backup-convrter

Dear list
I have the same problem.

We change computers, and on the old computer we are use plesk 8.x, now the new computer have plesk 10.1, and we have convert the backup from 8.x to 9.x, but we fail to convert it to 10.x

All tryes are fail, I search on Internet and have tries all post that I have found but all fails.

What are my steps so far.

1. Convert from 8 to 9, and I have get a directory with the sites and xml descriptions.

Now I am running the pre10-backup-convert, with the correct arguments, and many different tries of them and I always get the message.

Unrecognized option: '-source=d:\dir\restore.xml'

Can you please help ?
Thank you in advanced.

Final

After so many tries and tests I make it work as:

Goal to convert from backup 8.x to 10.x
Hidden Problems: the pre9-backup-convert and pre10-backup-convert use different style of input.
Steps: Convert from 8.x to 9.x, then convert 9.x to 10.x

Step 1.
Convert from 8.x to 9.x
The backup files of 8.x are one file ending on:*.psa

you run

pre9-backup-convert.exe --source=oldFormatBackup.psa --destination=d:\newBackupDir

Step 2.
Convert from 9.x to 10.x
Now the backup are on many files on many directories, one directory per client.

For every client you run

pre10-backup-convert.exe --convert -source d:\newBackupDir\Client1\FileCreated.xml -destination d:\FinalBackup\

Note here that after the source we do not use the '=' any more.

Hope this helps.

Please help with restoring Plesk 8.6 data

I have backed up my Plesk 8.6 server using Plesk back up manager and want to restore to Plesk 11. I am moving from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 r2 OS and upgrading the control panel from Plesk 8.6 to Plesk 9.5

I have seen the commands tht you listed, where are they run form ( Dos Prompt) Say I have a plesk 8.6 back up file named 2013.psa how do I restore this to a plesk 9.5 Plesk installation. Kindly show me step by step as I am not experienced with this.

Back