• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restoring database

FredHilbert

New Pleskian
Hi,
first of all sorry for my English. That's not my mother tongue.
Yesterday I restored a backup. After that, all my site with a database has the homepage redirecting to the default PLESK error page.
Capture.PNG
Yet if I put the whole link it works. Even the admin panel works. Exemple, www.my-site.com/wp-admin it works. www.my-site.com does not work.
I hope that I can make you understand my problem despite my difficulties in English. Unfortunately there is no help forum in my language.
Thank you.

Hi FredHilbert,

to correct ( possible ) issues/errors/problems with your webserver configuration files, you could use the "Plesk Repair Utility"

Example command:
Code:
plesk repair web -y -v

For further investigations, pls. consider to include MORE informations ( Plesk version ( incl. #MU , YOUR current operating system, possible ".htaccess" - files, possible additional NGINX directives, depending apache and/or nginx - log - file - entries, domain specific webserver - log - file - entries, ... )

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

Hi UFHH01,
Thanl you for your answer. I've already try
Code:
plesk repair web -y -v
Or
Code:
plesk repair web somac.net
But the answer is always "no errors"
Capture.PNG

Site www.somac.net is inaccessible but www.somac.net/contact/ or www.somac.net/wp-admin/ is accessible.

Here is my OS and Plesk version:
I can't find anything suspicious in my logs but if you have an idea I can send to you any logs files you want. Just Tell me which one.

Again thank you for your answers, despite my poor english skills.

Hi FredHilbert,

first of all, pls. check your hosting settings for your domain and the depending default serverwide IP settings:

=> HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Hosting Settings
=>
HOME > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > YOUR-IP

Second, pls. note that wordpress content needs a basic ".htaccess" - file, which should be converted into nginx directives, if you use the combination apache+nginx. Consider to use the free Plesk Extension "htaccess to nginx" ( => htaccess to nginx - Plesk Extensions ), or/and use as well the basic additional rewrite directive:

Code:
if (!-e $request_filename){
    rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break;
}
at => HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Apache & nginx Settings > ( textbox ) Additional nginx directives

Hi UFHH01,
Thank again for your patience.
My IP settings are good. As I said, after the restauration, only the site with database (WP or Joomla) has a problem. And that's only the homepage of these site.
I've tried the solution with the code:
Code:
if (!-e $request_filename){
    rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break;
}
But now I've this page instead of the default PLESK page.
Screen Shot 07-28-17 at 12.40 AM.PNG
On the other with WP or Joomla site I've this page:
Screen Shot 07-28-17 at 12.42 AM.PNG
And the other site without database word perfectly.
I don't understand why www.leclossa.lu/contact-2/ work but the homepage Domain Default page don't work.
If someone have an idea ?
Thank you.
Fred

Hi FredHilbert,

pls. note, that the given NGINX directive as a solution to solve your issue, is for WP - sites only... not for any Joomla pages/sites.

Your error for your site "somac.net" indicates, that you have other redirects as well configured, so you should consider to search for ".htaccess" files at this domain and should consider to inspect the existent webserver configuration files at "/var/www/vhosts/system/somac.net/conf". Pls. consider as well to inspect the domain specific log - files ( => /var/www/vhosts/system/somac.net/logs ) for further investigations!

I don't understand why www.leclossa.lu/contact-2/ work but the homepage Domain Default page don't work.
If someone have an idea ?
Again, pls. search for ".htaccess" - files at this domain and pls. inspect the domain specific configuration files and log - files, to get to the root cause of your issues/errors/problems.

If you need help from people willing to help you, pls. post the depending ".htaccess" - files, the webserver configuration files AND the domain specific log - files, as we can't guess your current configuration and possible issues/errors/problems. :(

Dear UFHH01,
I am really grateful for your help.
I talked about Joomla as a sample site with database. Otherwise I only have Wordpress on my web server.
I take a look at the .htaccess file and the logs, but as a noob I see nothing wrong. If you can watch it would be nice.
But in "/var/www/vhosts/system/somac.net/conf" I see that I have file with .bak extension.
Capture.PNG
Would it be possible that restoring my backup created these .bak files?

Attachments

• logs.zip
    76.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi FredHilbert,

did you probably forgot to REMOVE the default "index.html", which is served BEFORE any "index.php" on your domain "somac.net" ( which you could see with the help of your configuration files as well ;) ).

Back