• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoring Email from Backup Failing & No Updated Instructions for PSAMailrestore.exe

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

We had a subscription accidentally deleted on our server - I'm trying to restore the emails from a backup but the only instructions I can find are for Plesk version 10.4 here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115107

The problem is when I follow it and run the command, I get an error saying that PSAMailrestore.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Even just querying it for help (PSAMailrestore.exe /?) gives the 'not valid win32 application' error as well.

Can anyone help? I'm at a loss and this customer needs their emails back!

Thanks

Bob

I'd love to use the Panel based restore but it only has the following options for restoring:

[] Server settings
[] License key
[] Administrator account configuration
[] Administrator's domains
[] Administrator's customers
[] Resellers

I don't want to restore a whole bunch of subscriptions, just one - doesn't anyone know if it's possible? The only option once you've selected one of these is a button labelled "Restore"

Thanks

Bob

Hi all,

Just an update, I've now tried going to the backup manager for the specific subscription having re-added it manually. From here I am trying to manually upload a backup to the server repository and then restore from there but I have a whole selection of files to choose from and uploading each of them gives me an error saying "not a valid backup file"

Here are the files I can see:

Backups_subscription-domain.com_user-data_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_domainmail_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_errdocscfg_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_vdir_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_sa_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_info_1401142300.xml
.discovered
databases
Backups_aliasDomain.com_domainmail_1401152301.zip
Backups_aliasDomain.com_sa_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_logs_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_system_1401152301.zip
Backups_subscription-domain.com_statistics_1401152301.zip

Thanks

Bob

work around is that you will need to recreate the email accounts manually. Once done got to mail enable folder >> postoffices >> domain and restored the folders from domainmail

Thanks InderS,

To be honest I've completely given up on the Plesk Backup system - I've never been able to restore anything successfully, it doesn't have fine enough control and it constantly give errors. I'm now using an automated cloud based backup that backs up all the databases (SQL Server and MySQL) and the filesystem on a daily basis.

I restored the email accounts using this backup system manually, see here: http://bobmckay.com/i-t-support/plesk/manually-restoring-emails-plesk/

Thanks

Bob

Back