• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reverse IP check Plesk and Postfix?

B

BerndN

While I did search a bit my question would be if it's possible to reject/discard SMTP connections to postfix which have

a) no FQDN associated with the IP address of the sender
b) FQDN points to different HOST then HELO

It would be great to have a solution for a). Better would be a & b ;)

Ups: Plesk 10.3 and Centos 5.6

Save a copy of main.cf, you can always revert.

Be aware plesk re-writes this, so once you have it finalized with all your changes, save a copy and check it time to time.

As long as you don't start changing the plesk paths, it won't break.

Make sure you /etc/init.d/postfix restart after your changes or they will not take effect.

I have got whitelists running on mine from a source listing IPs used by ISPs, this helps you stop blacklisting your users using these addresses. I am not near a PC now (on my iPad), I can get you the details out of my main.cf for these. As long as your whitelisting runs first in the line, the RBLs won't kill off those addresses.

Cheers,

Thanks for the help and it would be nice to see some of your entries. And a lot of thanks for letting me know that indeed Plesk rewrites this as soon I assume as I change some settings of the Mail configuration.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the link on Reverse IP check Plesk and Postfix. can you tell me more about smtp_tls_protocols (default: !SSLv2)??? Thank you. :)

Back