• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question .revisium_antivirus_cache

Topkat

New Pleskian
Hi. I just logged into my FTP and I saw a new folder called: .revisium_antivirus_cache

I have not installed anything new on my server. Is this something Plesk has added for everyone or has someone gained access to my server? As soon as I login I have four folders now:

.revisium_antivirus_cache
error_docs
httpdocs
logs

Do you have ImunifyAV extension installed ImunifyAV - Plesk Extensions ?
This directory is a part of this extension, I think.

Thanks for your reply. I did a clean install of Plesk last month, and this folder didn't show up until today. I have not installed anything new.

In Plesk I went to, Extension > My Extensions, and I can see "ImunifyAV" in the list. Is it installed by default? Is this extension on by default? I also see another extension that I didn't install called "Social Login". Is this also on by default?

I enabled "pci_compliance_resolver" last month, but as I said before, this folder didn't show up until today. Could the pci_compliance_resolver have something to do with ImunifyAV?

Hi there! The ".revisium_antivirus_cache" folder you found in your FTP directory is actually created by a third-party antivirus software called Revisium Antivirus. This software is designed to scan your website files and detect any malware or other security threats.

It's possible that this software was installed on your server by your web hosting provider or by someone else with access to your server. However, it's also possible that your server has been compromised and that someone has installed the software without your knowledge.

To be sure, you should contact your web hosting provider or server administrator to ask if they installed Revisium Antivirus on your server. If they did not, it's possible that your server has been hacked and you may need to take additional steps to secure it. It's always a good idea to keep your server and website software up-to-date and to regularly scan for any security vulnerabilities or issues.

Back