• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue REWrite Issues

EricHamby

Basic Pleskian
So moving 17 sites from Cpanel to plesk and its been an absolute nightmare. The only sites i can get to work with mod rewrite are wordpress and its a hit or miss. NONE of the htaccess files work. Every single site that uses htaccess is not working. Does plesk need something different that cpanel in the htaccess? Even the sites that are installed by softaculous aren't working.

Example.... This is the htaccess files that is installed with the softaculous app the paste script. This work just fine on my cpanel server and still does. If i remove it the site works again, but no pretty urls. With the file in place every page even the home page is a error 500. I also have 2 forums sites that are totally broken with the htaccess in place. Not to mention my codecanyon script sites.

Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)/? pages.php?page=$1 [L] RewriteRule ^archive archive.php [L] RewriteRule ^profile profile.php [L] RewriteRule ^user/([^/]+)/?$ user.php?user=$1 [L] RewriteRule ^contact contact.php [L] RewriteRule ^download/(.*)$ paste.php?download&id=$1 [L] RewriteRule ^raw/(.*)$ paste.php?raw&id=$1 [L] RewriteRule ^embed/(.*)$ paste.php?embed&id=$1 [L] </IfModule> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ paste.php?id=$1 [L] </IfModule>

Back