• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

RH9 to CentOS

phoenixisp

Silver Pleskian
Hey guys, quick question. I have 3 RH9 boxes with Plesk 7.5.4 and understand that RH9 won't be supported by Plesk after the end of the year. I set up a box for a client with CentOS 4.1 and Plesk 7.5.4 and it is sweet, so I want to change the 3 over to CentOS.

But the fresh install of Plesk now has some things moved around, namely the vhosts directory in /var/www instead of /home/httpd - so, what is the best method of switching? The Migration Manager seems a bit too buggy for me (correct me if I'm wrong - please). If I do a psadump on the RH9 boxes and restore to the new box, will it know where to put things? It has a bearing on how to partition the hard drive. Has anybody done this?

Here lately I have had great success with the migration manager. I actually just moved around 90, mostly large, domains from a RH9 VDS to a centOS VPS using the MM. Give it a try, I can't comment on the PSA Dump question as it would probably be incorrect assumptions :)

Thanks for the reply poke. How about migrating the IP's? I want to keep the IP's the same on the new box. How do you do that?

You have hands on access to the servers?

If so, I'd imagine you could use the internal addresses for the migration and then switch the IPs over to the new box.

I did a DC to DC migration, but I think the above would work. You will get minor domain/IP errors, but it won't break anything, they are just to let you know that the DNS tables don't resolve correctly, but this will, of course, go away with the IP change to the new box. Hope this helps and GOOD luck
;)

Yep, I have the servers right here. I guess I would also need a couple of temporary keys from Plesk too.

I appreciate your input poke - thanks.

No Problem, yeah sw-soft has issued me a couple full temp keys b/f for a similar issue.... I'm sure that part of it won't be a problem :)

With 7.5.4 I'm finding PMM to be reliable, but psadump/psarestore to be unreliable. However, you should use the latest build of PMM as they're constantly fixing bugs.

Yes, it does. It works fine for Plesk migrations (same version -> same version) but I've not tested much else.

Back