• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Ridiculous price increase

Joystick

New Pleskian
Got an email today saying that Plesk Web Host Edition will increase from 242€ to 330€ per year. That is a increase by 38%. This is ridiculous!
The answers in the FAQ are a joke. This horrendous increase is justified by some empty phrases like "we are continously developing our product, bla bla bla" when in fact new and usefull features became very rare in recent times.

Can someone explain why there will be such an huge increase in price?

The issue with price gouging, is that of the inevitable competitive cross-roads - until then, we can expect price gouging to continue until a competitive product comes-along...

In 2021 I paid 165 € x2 years of Web Pro license. Today they're asking 385 € for the same 2 years! I think we need to seriously consider some kind of anti-competitive action against Plesk.

Hi @bootted. The price increase in 2021 was <10% in most cases, the price increase in 2022 was at a similarly low level, actually quite close to inflation. But you are saying that your price doubled. I know for sure of at least one big hosting company that went up >45%, but that is not the Price increase by Plesk, that is an increase that the reseller did.

Could it be possible that you do not lease your licences from Plesk but from a reseller?

Back