• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Roadmap for Debian 11?

Martin.H

Regular Pleskian
I know Debian 10 was just supported 'lately' but as things go fast Debian 11 RC1 was getting release just with Debian 10.9.
So to not again having to wait moe then 2 years untill the new debian system is supported I would like to ask if there are any plans or roadmaps already or early tests to support Debian 11?

Best regards

We do not test Plesk with pre-release versions of Operating Systems.
Therefore, while there is no information until the release of Debian 11 occurs.

Some time has passed now and the release of Debian 11 is approaching (expected on the 30.07). RC2 is also out.
Why do you not test on pre-release versions? Isn't that exactly what pre-release versions are for? To test software so it can ideally be ready day 1?
We are currently planning on waiting until Debian 11 releases and get a new server early August. I assumed Plesk would be available at max 1-2 weeks after release but looking at the history I'm having my doubts now.
Will there really be no roadmap until release?

Why do you not test on pre-release versions?
It is very resource-intensive to carry out the entire Plesk testing cycle every time after the next iteration of the operating system is released. Therefore, we test only the final release version of the operating system. Too many different nuances in working with release candidates are possible. Something will be changed, something will be added, something will be removed. It would be too wasteful and time-consuming to run a test cycle every time.

It is very resource-intensive to carry out the entire Plesk testing cycle every time after the next iteration of the operating system is released. Therefore, we test only the final release version of the operating system. Too many different nuances in working with release candidates are possible. Something will be changed, something will be added, something will be removed. It would be too wasteful and time-consuming to run a test cycle every time.
Thank you for the answer. Will we hear more in the first week of August? Should I be following some blog?

Sorry to bother again, since the release date is now fixed, is there some kind of roadmap or time estimates? The last Debian release took one year while the last Ubuntu release took one month for porting. We are internally debating how to proceed and deciding if we should switch distro and this would be a great help, I really appreciate your help!

I know Debian 10 was just supported 'lately' but as things go fast Debian 11 RC1 was getting release just with Debian 10.9.
So to not again having to wait moe then 2 years untill the new debian system is supported I would like to ask if there are any plans or roadmaps already or early tests to support Debian 11?

Best regards

Debian 11 is now supported.

Back