• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Rock linux is ready to use with Plesk?

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Hi fellas a couple weeks Rocklinux launch their production release.

I would like to know if Plesk is already to run over ot.

Thanks

Reactions: oMG
At the moment, we fully support AlmaLinux (even conversion from CentOS8), and we recommend it as a replacement for CentOS.
Regarding Rocklinux, we carry out various assessments and the decision to support it has not yet been made.

Hi fellas a couple weeks Rocklinux launch their production release.

I would like to know if Plesk is already to run over ot.

Thanks
I was thinking about waiting until 2022 for Rocky Linux. Best case might be like what happened when MySQL was sold to Oracle. The founder forked and started the MariaDB that we all use today. :D:D

Hi IgorG, are there any updates on rocky linux? We urgently need Plesk up running, and we can't easily change the system at the moment...

• Love
Reactions: oMG
At this URL: Software Requirements for Plesk Obsidian it is stated:
"Rocky Linux 8.x 64-bit (coming soon on January 18, 2022)"

Today is January 23, 2022. I have this error message when attempting to install Plesk on Rocky Linux:

"ERROR: You are trying to run Plesk Installer on an unsupported OS. Your OS is Rocky 8 aarch64"

Please advise how to install Plesk on Rocky Linux OS according to the Official Supported Releases listed here: Software Requirements for Plesk Obsidian

Dunno, but my new server uses Alma Linux 8.5. Rock solid so far..
Alma is the replacement for CentOS, which is RIP as you know.

"ERROR: You are trying to run Plesk Installer on an unsupported OS. Your OS is Rocky 8 aarch64"
It seems you are tried to install Plesk RockyLinux on ARM architecture, which is not supported. RockyLinux is supported only on x86_64 architecture. We only support Ubuntu 20.04 on ARM at this moment.

Is rockylinux supported by the mirrorctl tool (v3.1.2)?
I dont see rockylinux included with sh ./mirrorctl os-list --release=PLESK_18_0_42
al8_x86_64
cos7_x86_64
cl7_x86_64
cl8_x86_64
deb10.0_x86_64
deb11.0_x86_64
deb9.0_x86_64
rhel7_x86_64
rhel8_x86_64
ubt18.04_x86_64
ubt20.04_aarch64
ubt20.04_x86_64