• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Rocket Chat Docker

AnthonyP

New Pleskian
Hello,

Forgive me firstly for sounding a bit dumb but I am looking for tutorial on how to install Rocket.Chat on Plesk Onyx 17 using the docker as I a have no real idea how this is supposed to be done because when I install the docker I get and error with 'Accounts_AvatarStorePath' not allowed lower case letters.

So I am really looking for someone that can help me install Rocket.Chat from within Plesk using the docker system and what if any other dockers I may need and what to do to get Rocket.Chat preferably running on a https:// on a sub domain.

So you know I can install it and have it up and running, without any problems, on a separate server with just Ubuntu 16.04LTS (No Plesk) but I really want to have it running just on the one server that I am using Plesk Onyx that runs all of my websites.

I would really appreciate any help with setup and settings as I have spent hours doing the normal Google searches for a how to guide but there seems nothing out there for this type of install.

Thanks.

I have now got Rocket.Chat up and running on Plesk Onyx (ubuntu 16.04.3) using the docker system by running these commands.

docker run --name db -d mongo:3.0 --smallfiles

docker run --name rocketchat --link db -d rocket.chat

Everything is working accept the Avatar Resize which is giving and error:
'The image resize will not work because we can not detect ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed on your server.'

I have both installed on the server but for some reason it's not being detected by Rocket.Chat.

Am I missing something?

2Ue2f.jpg

The other issue I get is when I go into the docker settings I have to change Accounts_AvatarStorePath to ACCOUNTS_AVATARSOREPATH and remove Accounts_AvatarStorePath otherwize I get an error about lowercase letters.

Hello,

i tried to install it under Plesk too, but i get the message: failed to connect to server db:27017 timed out. I don't really understand why this works for you. db ist the hostname, i would expect a mongodb url of mongodb://localhost:27017/meteor. I tried to install a mongodb docker container and to change the url to localhost, but then i get localhost:27017 MongoError connect ECONNREFUSED. Do i need a special docker image of a mongodb for Rocketchat? I did not find this.

EDIT: Ok i finally got it to work.My network stack got a problem and i could not connect anything from outside of my container. After a reboot everything worked just fine.

Jan

Last edited:
I have checked, the bug with lowercase letters was fixed but new version not published yet. Currently, I haven't ETA for publication of the new version.

I have checked, the bug with lowercase letters was fixed but new version not published yet. Currently, I haven't ETA for publication of the new version.

I glad to post the small update, the issue was fixed and the new version of the extension was published:

Code:
1.4.0 (18 October 2018)
[*] Updated Docker Engine to version 18.
[*] The extension now supports Ubuntu 18.
[-] Proxy rules set up for a subdomain of an addon domain are now removed if the subdomain was removed. (EXTDOCKER-34)
[-] Added links to port numbers of containers. (EXTDOCKER-29)
[-] Names of environment variables can now contain lowercase letters. (EXTDOCKER-23)
[-] On Linux servers, it is no longer possible to set up identical proxy rules for different containers or set up a proxy rule that matches one already configured for a given URL. (EXTDOCKER-46)
[-] On Windows servers, a Docker image can now be run even if the image name contains the slash character ("/"). (EXTDOCKER-16)

(c) Docker - Plesk Extensions!

If you have a feedback, do not hesitate to provide it.

Back