• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Rocket Chat Docker

AnthonyP

New Pleskian
Hello,

Forgive me firstly for sounding a bit dumb but I am looking for tutorial on how to install Rocket.Chat on Plesk Onyx 17 using the docker as I a have no real idea how this is supposed to be done because when I install the docker I get and error with 'Accounts_AvatarStorePath' not allowed lower case letters.

So I am really looking for someone that can help me install Rocket.Chat from within Plesk using the docker system and what if any other dockers I may need and what to do to get Rocket.Chat preferably running on a https:// on a sub domain.

So you know I can install it and have it up and running, without any problems, on a separate server with just Ubuntu 16.04LTS (No Plesk) but I really want to have it running just on the one server that I am using Plesk Onyx that runs all of my websites.

I would really appreciate any help with setup and settings as I have spent hours doing the normal Google searches for a how to guide but there seems nothing out there for this type of install.

Thanks.

I have now got Rocket.Chat up and running on Plesk Onyx (ubuntu 16.04.3) using the docker system by running these commands.

docker run --name db -d mongo:3.0 --smallfiles

docker run --name rocketchat --link db -d rocket.chat

Everything is working accept the Avatar Resize which is giving and error:
'The image resize will not work because we can not detect ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed on your server.'

I have both installed on the server but for some reason it's not being detected by Rocket.Chat.

Am I missing something?

2Ue2f.jpg

The other issue I get is when I go into the docker settings I have to change Accounts_AvatarStorePath to ACCOUNTS_AVATARSOREPATH and remove Accounts_AvatarStorePath otherwize I get an error about lowercase letters.

Hello,

i tried to install it under Plesk too, but i get the message: failed to connect to server db:27017 timed out. I don't really understand why this works for you. db ist the hostname, i would expect a mongodb url of mongodb://localhost:27017/meteor. I tried to install a mongodb docker container and to change the url to localhost, but then i get localhost:27017 MongoError connect ECONNREFUSED. Do i need a special docker image of a mongodb for Rocketchat? I did not find this.

EDIT: Ok i finally got it to work.My network stack got a problem and i could not connect anything from outside of my container. After a reboot everything worked just fine.

Jan

Last edited:
I have checked, the bug with lowercase letters was fixed but new version not published yet. Currently, I haven't ETA for publication of the new version.

I have checked, the bug with lowercase letters was fixed but new version not published yet. Currently, I haven't ETA for publication of the new version.

I glad to post the small update, the issue was fixed and the new version of the extension was published:

Code:
1.4.0 (18 October 2018)
[*] Updated Docker Engine to version 18.
[*] The extension now supports Ubuntu 18.
[-] Proxy rules set up for a subdomain of an addon domain are now removed if the subdomain was removed. (EXTDOCKER-34)
[-] Added links to port numbers of containers. (EXTDOCKER-29)
[-] Names of environment variables can now contain lowercase letters. (EXTDOCKER-23)
[-] On Linux servers, it is no longer possible to set up identical proxy rules for different containers or set up a proxy rule that matches one already configured for a given URL. (EXTDOCKER-46)
[-] On Windows servers, a Docker image can now be run even if the image name contains the slash character ("/"). (EXTDOCKER-16)

(c) Docker - Plesk Extensions!

If you have a feedback, do not hesitate to provide it.

Back