• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Root access not allowed, advice on how to copy what Plesk Migrator does?

DanPleskTest

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am currently trying to move hosts from one dedicated server running Plesk Onyx to another running Plesk Onyx, a perfect scenario for running the Plesk Migrator extension.

Unfortunately, whilst I have root access on the target machine, my existing source hosts won't allow root access. Even the secondary method of SSH authorisation is not allowed as it requires the SSH key for the root user.

What are my options here and more importantly, which are the easiest? The plan was to migrate subscription by subscription and test each one. And then, subscription by subscription, make a final sync and make them live on the new server.There's a possibility I could get very temporary root access (a few days), but not enough time to use it and test the subscriptions thoroughly. I was wondering if, in this situation, I could do a full migration just to set the new server up but then I have a problem with synching once root access is denied to me.

Any advice?

Thanks

Dan

Back