• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Root folder for anonymous FTP account

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
In plesk if their is option to enable anonymous FTP account. It just enables anonymous FTP to the IP address. How can i give root folder for this anonymous FTP account?

Need of the root folder anonymous FTP account:

I already have a anonymous FTP which i enabled in plesk. It does create anon_ftp folder in the root folder of IP. But I cannot access this anonymous FTP folder using HTTP because the anon_ftp folder is outside the root of my domain. So i cannot access it by using HTTP. if root folder for anonymous FTP can be given then i can set the folder inside the root of domain and can access it by using HTTP.

So in my case
i have anonymous FTP folder in C:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.secureserver.net\anon_ftp
My working domain root folder is C:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.secureserver.net\example.com

So now cannot access files inside the anon_ftp folder using something like http://example.com/*.*

So I have a need of setting root folder for anonymous FTP account.
Or is there any problem in setting anonymous FTP account folder inside root of a website?

Last edited:
Back