• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

root@localhost problem

M

modom

I have a problem with the email root@localhost not working on centos 3.5 with plesk.

This has always worked in the past. Anytime I test my ecommerce store the default email address has been root@localhost and has sent an email to my domain email address when testing. Just recently this has stopped working. The ecommerce store is php. I contacted the ecommerce store developer and root@localhost works for him.

This is a reply from plesk about cgi recently on my cgi forms that were working, stopped working, and somehow started working again without anyone finding the problem:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Actually root@localhost shouldn't work at all. The point is that qmail unlike sendmail is unable to pass messages via the system mail delivery into the /var/spool/mail/username file. It works only via SMTP. Please use an actual mail address in your cgi scripts."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Since the ecommerce store is php and NOT cgi and root@localhost has been working for months is there someplace I can look to try to find the problem?

This is what is listed in /etc/hosts:

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1 localhost
63.247.80.42 godslove.designhosting.biz godslove

Thanks!

I believe your hosts file should look like:

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
63.247.80.42 godslove.designhosting.biz godslove

Thank you but still doesn't work.

I know there is some way to configure the server to send email to root@localhost but apparently it was turned off or disabled during the last upgrade or maybe I'm just dreaming that this was working for months and then stopped.

Is there a way to turn this feature on or off?

Thanks!

Back