• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Round-Robin DNS

S

scootabug

Hi,

I started another thread earlier in the week asking about info on how to load balance Plesk for Windows which isn't proving very fruitful.

My second thought is to at least have round-robin DNS configured so that one web server can have multiple connections to the Internet.

The initial problem with this is that the IP address provided by the DNS server is randomly chosen among those provided. Therefore, in one session, a visitor may access the same web site using more than 1 IP address.

While this doesn't represent any real problem in a static HTML site...a site using scripting like PHP or ASP may be holding session details which are associated to the IP address.

If that makes sense, do you see that posing a problem with Plesk?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

One of the possible solutions is to put Plesk server behind of any UPnP NAT device, so Plesk server will use static private address and configure on NAT device port redirection.

P.S. As for using Plesk server in a cluster I think it is possible in theory however this question must be investigated. Main problem will be:
1. How to manage synchronous access to databases
2.How to manage synchronous access to files stored on NAS or SAN

John S.G.

Back