• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube 0.9.5 sends as "localhost"

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
When I log-in to Roundcube Webmail using the short form of my username, Roundcube tries to send out email from username@localhost. Can the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) be derived (from the log-in URL) in order to prevent this?

When I log-in using the FQDN, everything works fine. I know I can disable log-in using the short form, but I have lots of clients who use it.

You change that from the roundcube configurations them selves ...
Better still, from plesk -> server settings -> mail settings (you can disable short imap login names)

Thanks for that, I don't think I want to disable short logins just now. But the Roundcube configuration option looks interesting, though I'm not sure where to start. Is there a configuration file on my server that I need to look at?

Just run

Code:
# rpm -ql plesk-roundcube

and you will see that location of roundcube is
Code:
/usr/share/psa-roundcube/

Thus the configuration files are in:

Code:
/usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/

We are experiencing the same thing. Plesk 11.5 with Roundcube 0.9.5 uses username@localhost as default reply-to/identity when the setting "Use of short (webmaster) and full ([email protected]) POP3/IMAP mail account names is allowed" is enabled under Server wide Mail settings > Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts.

Isn't this a bug that shouldn't occur in a multi domain setup, and shouldn't have to be solved by manually configuring Roundcube? Will Parallels work on a fix?

Back