• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Roundcube 1.5

You do understand that the development team has a lot of issues they're working on, right? Asking every other week when it's ready really won't make a difference. It's a tricky update that needs to be carefully prepared so it works on all supported operating systems without breaking anything:

Just so you know, this is what they are currently working on:

And these are the issues that are planned (Roundcube 1.5.1 is one of them):

Besides the above issues, there is also the bugfixes, major updates, translations, extensions, preparations for future updates as shown in the 2022 Roadmap:

So, please relax and keep an eye on the change log. It will show up as soon as it's ready:

Last edited:
Is there any best practices/step-by-step for upgrading Roundcube manually (Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS / Plesk 18)? Thx!
1. Important, otherwise it won't send mails after update
make a backup of
usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php
and
usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php

cd /tmp/
mkdir roundcube
cd roundcube/
wget https://github.com/roundcube/roundc...d/1.6-rc/roundcubemail-1.6-rc-complete.tar.gz
tar xvf roundcubemail-1.6-rc-complete.tar.gz
rm roundcubemail-1.6-rc-complete.tar.gz
cd roundcubemail-1.6-rc/
bin/installto.sh /usr/share/psa-roundcube

3. copy your backup of config.inc.php and defaults.inc.php back to usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/

Bonus Tip: in the /usr/share/psa-roundcube/plugins are lot of unused plugins by the plesk default config, you activate them by editing your config.inc.php file
mine looks like:
$config['plugins'] = ['filesystem_attachments', 'Enigma', 'jqueryui', 'managesieve','markasjunk','password','zipdownload'];

I use rspamd instead of SpamAssassin which feels 20 years more advanced. there is a tutorial a user posted in this forum.

PS.: this is for the latest roundcoube 1.6.rc, the other not so bleeding-edge releases are found on their github

root@mail:/tmp/roundcube/roundcubemail-1.6-rc# bin/installto.sh /usr/share/psa-roundcube
/usr/bin/env: ‘php’: No such file or directory

@herrMartin Any post-upgrade issues or side effects?
only that Plesk the upgrade lock for this package
solution: installed the php vendor version, then its ok
solution: installed the php vendor version, then its ok

There should be a howto wiki to make a default plesk installion more modern. tweaks and software.
there is a lot of stuff which is far better and more modern than the commercial extensions for plesk.
I mean roundcube, even with the included (in plesk not activated) plugins is much more functional.
especially how to get rid of the super outdated spamassassin and install rspamd. Maybe someone with much more knowlage can do a special installscript for plesk installations.
maybe someone might even have a nice solution / script to install clamav with windows defintions. Because in reality this would be helpful.

and plesk still ignores the packet update lock in their latest obsidian update. rc was again downgraded to 1.4.... took me 2 min agai to update it to the latest version

version 1.5 came out in 2021. still no update released ... it's already in development 1.6 beta. when will plesk finally update the roundcube?

I'm running 1.6 with good results for some time now.

Same steps as above needed (copy configs, install roundcube and replace the config with the one you copied.)
Only difference is in the smtp and imap settings as described here: Roundcube 1.6.0 released

Back