• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube Problem

KamalG

Basic Pleskian
I have Plesk 12 and CentOS 7 installed
Due to some reason After 10-20 seconds of composing mail in Roundcube it automatically redirects to Roundcube home ..

I have seen this http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489789 but would like to know the exact fix or if there are any reference to upgrade the Roundcube to the latest version ?

Kindly help

Hi KamalG,

an update/upgrade to the latest Roundcube version will not fix your issue, as already stated in your linked Bug - report ( http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489789#comment:12 ). Please have another look at the last post, which will guide you to a solution, for your specific issue, caused by a user setting "draft_autosave".

Plesk itself uses a patched version of Roundcube. This means, that "normal" updates/upgrades to different versions of Roundcube than the ones shipped with Plesk, might result in a non-working webmail functionality. Be aware that you certainly may manually upgrade your Roundcube version on your own, but Parallels does not recommend this, because of compatibility reasons.

Thank you for the reply changing the value to higher from 0 didn't help

Any other solution ?

Any additional related details of this issue from Roundcube logs from /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/ ?

That folder has roundcube.conf and php.ini

and roundcube.conf has

Alias = roundcube
Name = roundcube
Version = 1.0.0
Release = cos7.build1200140807.16
Docroot = /usr/share/psa-roundcube
Enabled = true

Sorry, my mistake. I meant log /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

The repeated errors in the error log is

[04-Dec-2014 17:54:57 UTC] PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 177

Thank you .. The file /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini already has the proper timezone. but how can I resolve the auto draft redirection issue, also any proper guides how to upgrade to latest version of roundcube ?

Thanks for sharing the update of roundcube.
I had this issue also and i solved it via the GUI of roundcube itself (users have to disable it themselfs)

Settings > Preferences > Composing Messages > Automatically save draft > Change value to Never

Back