• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube sieve server problem still there in Plesk 12

duvide

Basic Pleskian
I recently upgraded to 12.0.18 and I am using Roundcube 1.0 from the panel.
I read that the "Unable to connect to sieve serve" problem would be solved in version 12.
It seems not. What to do?

Thank you.

It seems not.
What do you mean exactly? Do you have fresh Plesk 12 installation or you have migrated Plesk 11.x server? Any results of troubleshooting and steps to reproduce?

Thank you for your reply.
I just let the autoinstaller run to update from 11.5 to 12 on my server.
So now it's Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #13 and Roundcube 1.0.0
When I click the Filters tab in Roundcube settings, I get the error: "unable to connect to sieve server".
That's it. Don't know where to start trouble shooting.

[21-Aug-2014 23:51:13] PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 177

Hi Igor, I have about 6 mb of this kind of errors in the Error log: /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors
The server time is the default server time (berlin, i think)

Thank you for your attention.

The issue may be caused by undefined time zone value in PHP configuration. To check whether default time zone is defined, run the command below on the server:

# php -i | grep date.timezone

If it is not defined, try to fix it by defining the date.timezone value in php.ini file.
The list of the valid time zones for PHP configuration and additional details may be found on the official PHP site - http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

PHP Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in Unknown on line 0
date.timezone => no value => no value
this comes up with the grep. With the other link I don't know what to do. Please advice.

Thank you.

Well, you should have. Sieve is not supported in Courier-IMAP (that's also basically a reason why you got the error message in previous Plesk version), so if you would like to use server-side mail filtering, then you have to switch to Dovecot via Parallels Installer.

Back