• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue roundcube upgrade fails from 18.0.63 to 18.0.64 when mariadb 10.11.9 is installed

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
almalinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
on almalinux 8.10 with mariadb 10.11.9 installed upgrading from 18.0.63 to 18.0.64 gives the following errors:

Trying to upgrade Roundcube Web Based mail client configs and DB from '1.6.8' to '1.6.9'... Executing database schema update.
Updating database schema (2020091000)... [FAILED]
ERROR: Error in DDL upgrade 2020091000: [1050] Table 'collected_addresses' already exists

Warning: upgrade Roundcube Web Based mail client configs and DB from '1.6.8' to '1.6.9'. Run /usr/share/psa-roundcube/bin/update.sh manually to complete upgrade.

***** installation problem report *****
Warning: upgrade Roundcube Web Based mail client configs and DB from '1.6.8' to '1.6.9'. Run /usr/share/psa-roundcube/bin/update.sh manually to complete upgrade.
***** installation problem report *****
STOP plesk-roundcube-1.6.9 installing AT Wed Sep 18 21:58:10 CEST 2024: PROBLEMS FOUND

running /usr/share/psa-roundcube/bin/update.sh manually gives the error

Unsupported PHP version. Required PHP >= 7.3.

Upgrading with the default 10.3.39 does not give errors.

regards
Jan

Hey, Jan. As far as I can see on some older threads on Roundcube's forum, the issue appears to be related to the database schema and the same needs to be updated. If the PHP version you are running is older than 7.3 it is no longer compatible with RoundCube 1.6.x. If you are running PHP 7.3 or grater, please open a ticket with our support team so they can investigate why the correct version is not detected.

The script is trying to use the standard almalinux 7.2 php i presume. But i should not have to run the script manually at all. The error is given by the plesk upgrader on alma linux 8.10 with mysql 10.11 installed. This should not be that hard to replicate i think.

This should be fixed in the plesk upgrader for all servers that upgrade plesk who have almalinux 8.10 and mysql 10.11, not on my server allone.

regards
jan

Found the problem: table system in the roundcubemail database had an old number, but the database was updated.

I changed the number and all is ok now.

regards
Jan

Back