• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Roundcube Use PHP 7.2?

G J Piper

Regular Pleskian
Is there an easy way to make Roundcube stop using the default php version and use one that comes with Plesk instead? In this case, the newly supported 7.2?

This functionality is not supported by Plesk at the moment. Any webmail that is installed in Plesk will use PHP version provided by operating system vendor. So webmail uses system PHP.

Leave your suggestion on Plesk User Voice portal.

BTW, you can try to modify /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/roundcube.php on your own risk.
For example:

Code:
[root@a10-52-71-9 templates] # diff default/webmail/roundcube.php ~/default/webmail/roundcube.php
19c19
<             FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX plesk-php72-fastcgi
---
>             FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX fastcgi

Code:
[root@a10-52-71-9 conf]# ps auxfw | grep 7.2/bin | grep -v grep
roundcu+ 12838  0.5  2.7 570800 26720 ?        S    11:19   0:00  |   \_ /opt/plesk/php/7.2/bin/php-cgi -c /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini

After I modify the template, what command do I use to make it update the install?
plesk repair?

Also, if I modify the template, with the template be overwritten at some point by a new update or will the update fail to modify it? (not sure which is worse)

Last edited:
All new webmails for created domains will be based on this template.
if I modify the template, with the template be overwritten at some point by a new update or will the update fail to modify it? (not sure which is worse)
Yes, this file is a part of plesk-core package:

# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/roundcube.php
plesk-core-17.5.3-cos6.build1705170317.16.x86_64

Back