• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Running a fully functional Dockerized Plesk

Tristian Kelly

New Pleskian
Is it possible to run Plesk completely Dockerized in an OS such as CoreOS and have all the same functions as a normal Plesk installed with Ubuntu? I'd like to build a Plesk-powered CoreOS Cluster for more High Availability and more flexibility. If this is possible, please tell me which directories I would need to mount in Docker volumes and all the ports used by Plesk and other software I would need to open. Thanks!

Don't take it for granted, However, I would not recommend running Plesk on Docker containers since Plesk for Docker is not designed for HA at all even for standalone Plesk Server. The reason is simple : Plesk is containerized with MySQL in one container, it's not possible by design to make it HA. (some people claim they have a workaround for this but it's not officially announced by Plesk and yet not confirmed) + you'll get no support from them unless they officially support it.

I use Plesk on container for quick look on new releases and not for serving customers.

Back