• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Running a fully functional Dockerized Plesk

Tristian Kelly

New Pleskian
Is it possible to run Plesk completely Dockerized in an OS such as CoreOS and have all the same functions as a normal Plesk installed with Ubuntu? I'd like to build a Plesk-powered CoreOS Cluster for more High Availability and more flexibility. If this is possible, please tell me which directories I would need to mount in Docker volumes and all the ports used by Plesk and other software I would need to open. Thanks!

Don't take it for granted, However, I would not recommend running Plesk on Docker containers since Plesk for Docker is not designed for HA at all even for standalone Plesk Server. The reason is simple : Plesk is containerized with MySQL in one container, it's not possible by design to make it HA. (some people claim they have a workaround for this but it's not officially announced by Plesk and yet not confirmed) + you'll get no support from them unless they officially support it.

I use Plesk on container for quick look on new releases and not for serving customers.

Back