• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

running Cron jobs

I

imhere2009

Hi

Im trying to setup a cronjob in plesk, though they wont work, ive tried everything. Ive looked for tutorials though cant find anything that works. i have 2 php scripts, one that needs to be run every hour and one to run every midnight the link i use to my scripts is
/home/myusername/directroy/to/my/php/file.php

Do i need to put anything before /home or after /file.php for this to work?

Also if anyone can help, could you please show me some examples for a cronjob to go off every hour and every midnight

Thanks in Advance
Steve

Bump

Anyone please help me with this, its driving me crazy.

Thanks

Here is sample of a cron job that I have in plesk:

/home/username/bin/runlogs > /dev/null 2>&1

Min = 1
H = *
DM = *
M = *
DW = *

I created a "bin" folder in my /home/username directory and placed a file called "runlogs" The schedule is: One minute after each hour of every day of every month for every day of the week.

If you wanted every night at midnight, use 1 0 * * *, This would be One minute after midnight ( 00 hours ) every day/month/day of week.

If you are asking how to run a php file via a crontab then this depends if you have php installed as a binary - or if you just run it as an apache module.

If its the latter the easiest way is to use lynx

do a

which lynx

to check you have it installed and the path of it then just use (alter lynx path accordingly)

/usr/local/bin/lynx -dump http://DOMAIN/path/to/script.php

Lynx is just a browser so just treat it as you would IE or FF.

Back