1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

sa-learn constantly running, taking too much CPU load, and memory underutilization

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by jola, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jola

jola Basic Pleskian

60%
    I recently launched a large website on a brand new virtuozzo + plesk environment.

We are having problems with memory underutilization (6 gig available and only 0.4 gig is allocated) and CPU overload (above 5 under load). I'm not sure if this is related to plesk or to the virtuozzo container setup. I posted a question about it on the virtuozzo forum here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109540

Aside from the memory problem we have also got problem to stop a notorious sa-learn (SpamAssassin) process that is constantly running and taking about 50% CPU load all the time. I have tried to turn off SpamAssasin everywhere but that sa-learn process is still running. Is it possible to fully turn off sa-learn in plesk? If so, please advice me how how I do that.

2. MartinPattaya

MartinPattaya Guest

Has no one has responded to this or similar questions about sa-learn hogging the CPU, even when spam assassin is turned off?
    I've found numerous reports of it, but not seen any remedy.
    I am running PLESK 10.0.0 CentOS 5

3. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Regular Pleskian

68%
    It seems PLESK's sa-learn is not affected by /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf settings that disables it :(
    Any ideas how to stop it, other than renaming the binary?