• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sa-learn constantly running, taking too much CPU load, and memory underutilization

jola

Basic Pleskian
I recently launched a large website on a brand new virtuozzo + plesk environment.

We are having problems with memory underutilization (6 gig available and only 0.4 gig is allocated) and CPU overload (above 5 under load). I'm not sure if this is related to plesk or to the virtuozzo container setup. I posted a question about it on the virtuozzo forum here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109540

Aside from the memory problem we have also got problem to stop a notorious sa-learn (SpamAssassin) process that is constantly running and taking about 50% CPU load all the time. I have tried to turn off SpamAssasin everywhere but that sa-learn process is still running. Is it possible to fully turn off sa-learn in plesk? If so, please advice me how how I do that.

Has no one has responded to this or similar questions about sa-learn hogging the CPU, even when spam assassin is turned off?
I've found numerous reports of it, but not seen any remedy.
I am running PLESK 10.0.0 CentOS 5

It seems PLESK's sa-learn is not affected by /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf settings that disables it :(
Any ideas how to stop it, other than renaming the binary?

Back