• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sales Question

M

MattG

Sorry for putting this here but I couldn't find a good spot to put it...

Coming from a 10 year programming background I was just put in charge of redeveloping our Hosting program and have been looking around for different products.

Question 1: Does PLESK take care of FTP? Does it come with the product? Am I correct in understanding that all I need to do when creating the domain give them a username/password and they have FTP access to their domain?

Question 2: Does PLESK provide Email? Currently we use a program called Mail Max to take care of our customer email. Does the PLESK software do this? From what I've read, I think it does but I am not 100% sure.

Thank you for the help!!

Could someone please help and answer my questions.

I've tried to contact sales, but they seem to be on vacation or something (according to the auto-email reply I recieved).

Yes and Yes.

Plesk installs mail enable free version. Its a decent no frills mailserver. Plesk packages imp/horde for the webmail interface. Its not as nice as the mailmax interface but it does the job.

Plesk uses windows ftp by default and automatically creates the ftp account.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Follow up question on the Windows FTP: they can log in with any FTP program, correct?

Hi,
Do you know if you can disable an FTP account? As I would like clients to be able to log into the plesk control panel and report support issues, but not to access their content online.
Cheers

Back